Checklist for January 2013
A new year brings fresh hope, new opportunities, and unexpected possibilities. The dawn of 2013 should mean that your firm has done everything possible to capitalize on opportunities and possibilities (some of which will be negative). It is easy for firms to overlook some recommended preparations for a new year. To help you prepare, here is a checklist of preparations often overlooked.
1. Did you fire your unprofitable clients to remove the drain on your resources and time?
2. Is every member of your team in the right job, with the right goals for 2013?
3. Have you evaluated your firm’s current position on the change curve? Have you planned appropriate steps to place your business on a sustainable upswing?
4. Do you have the right technologies in place to move forward?
5. Are you convinced your marketing plan will be effective and accomplish your goals?
6. Is your IT disaster recovery plan up to date?
7. Have you evaluated carefully your position and policies regarding social media?
– Use of social media by your employees during business hours
– Use of social media by your employees on behalf of the firm
– Use of social media by the firm for marketing
– Use of social media by the firm for customer service
8. Do you have a response plan for negative social media comments about your firm?
9. Do you have a clear plan to use the customer and market data you are collecting?
10. Do you have a plan for innovation?
11. Do you have a public list of things you will do differently in order to achieve better results in 2013?
12. Is your website ready for the mobile revolution? Up to 85% of your site’s visitors are using a smartphone or tablet to access your site. What do they see?
13. Have you upgraded your data back-up system?
In addition to your typical preparation for the dawn of a new year, attending to the 13 questions above will help you start 2013 on the right foot and – hopefully – not be taken by surprise. If you need help with any challenge you face this year, please contact us. We have the expertise to help you become more successful in 2013.